More on the Debt Limit
Applications Are Open Now: America's Top Small Business 2023
Are you America's Top Small Business? We're looking for small businesses nationwide that are driving economic growth and stimulating their local communities and economies. Apply now for this annual award and your chance to win $25,000!
Spotlight on Small Business
- Small Business
Small Businesses Are Wary, Resilient Amid Inflation, Credit Concerns
By Thomas M. Sullivan
Small Business Exporters Fuel Jobs, Growth in America’s Heartland
All across America, small and medium-sized exporters are flourishing, selling their products to international customers, gaining market share—and creating jobs. Here are three of them.
By Thaddeus Swanek
- Employment Policy
NLRB Takes on Free Speech Yet Again
By Glenn Spencer
It's Time to Secure Our Borders and Expand Legal Immigration
The situation at the border is chaos. Our immigration system fails to meet the needs of businesses and imposes significant costs on communities and our economy.
By Jon Baselice
Chamber OnDemand Highlights: Navigating Business in 2023
Deep Dives on Workforce Data
We believe in the power of business to improve society and create a brighter future for people, communities, and our country.
- Americans Deserve a Transparent and Accountable FTCThe Federal Trade Commission’s (FTC) recent actions are alarming and pose a serious threat to our economy.Learn More
- America Works InitiativeWe are calling on elected officials and the federal and state level to take immediate action to help address this national economic crisis.Learn More
- Equality of Opportunity InitiativeThe EOI agenda advances real solutions through private sector initiatives, and policy advocacy at the federal, state, and local levels.Learn More
- Antitrust Laws: Promoting Competition and Free MarketsCritically important but commonly misunderstood, antitrust laws are meant to promote competition and protect consumers. Here’s everything you need to know.Learn More
We Work for You
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce is the world’s largest business organization. Our members range from the small businesses and chambers of commerce across the country that support their communities, to the leading industry associations and global corporations that innovate and solve for the world’s challenges, to the emerging and fast-growing industries that are shaping the future. For all of the businesses we represent, the Chamber is an advocate, partner, and network, helping them improve society and people’s lives.
Join the largest community of business leaders in the world. Together, we'll work for government policies that help you run and grow your business, eliminate bureaucratic barriers, and strengthen America’s economy. You'll also gain access to the latest intelligence on issues that are shaping the nation, premier events for entrepreneurs, and webinars, guides, and other resources to help you grow your business.
- International48th Annual India Ideas SummitTuesday, June 1309:00 AM EDT - 05:00 PM EDTLearn More
- Small BusinessCO— Strategy Studio: Doing Business with Big BusinessesThursday, June 2212:00 PM EDT - 12:30 PM EDTLearn More
- Security and Resilience12th Annual Building Resilience ConferenceWednesday, July 26 - Thursday, July 2708:00 AM EDT - 03:00 PM EDTLearn More
- TechnologyInformation and news for businesses about the latest advances in technology.Learn More
- WorkforceInformation on how businesses can adapt their workforce development and management strategies to deal with the changing labor market.Learn More
- Supply ChainInformation and news about the latest developments in the global supply chain.Learn More
Changes Would Help Protect Investors, Incentivize Businesses to Go Public, and Generate Economic Growth
WASHINGTON, D.C. — Lisa A. Rickard, president of the U.S. Chamber Institute for Legal Reform (ILR), and David Hirschmann, president and CEO of the U.S. Chamber Center for Capital Markets Competitiveness (CCMC), issued the following statement today following House passage of H.J. Res. 111, disapproving of the CFPB’s arbitration rule:
The Preserving Taxpayers' Rights Act would prohibit outsourcing federal tax audits of private taxpayers to outside law firms.
The Global Energy Institute advocates for a diverse mix of energy resources. Among them are 99 commercial nuclear reactors.
The purpose of the “Building Operational Public Private Partnerships” is to provide a guide for state, local, tribal, territorial governments and private sector businesses attempting to build public private partnerships to serve the interdependent needs of the community. Specifically, the guide is designed for those organizations that intend to collaborate before a disaster (e.g., preparedness, planning, training, exercises), coordinate operationally during an event (e.g., incident (crisis, disaster, emergency, Stafford/Non-Stafford, response), and collaborate post-event (e.g., incident (recovery, mitigation and resilience activities) consistent with Grant Guidance and prevailing doctrine through the National Preparedness System and Post-Katrina Emergency Management Reform Act (PKEMRA).
America’s 28 million small businesses account for 67% of new jobs and more than 50% of the nation’s economic output.
As the debate over NAFTA heats up, the Chamber stands firm in its commitment to preserving the agreement.
U.S. Chamber of Commerce President and CEO Thomas J. Donohue today penned an open letter to all members of Congress demanding an end to the legislative gridlock that is holding progress hostage.
Failure is not an option.
On July 19, the U.S. House of Representatives Appropriations Committee approved the Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education...